Manage episode 326115207 series 2687880
Today’s guest, Dr. Benjamin Hardy, is one of my all-time favorite authors. In his new book, The GAP and the GAIN: The High Achievers' Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success, he delivers a masterclass on positive psychology, healthy relationships, mental well-being, and high-performance. He explores why unsuccessful, unhappy people focus on “the GAP,” but successful, happy people focus on “the GAIN.”
In this conversation, Benjamin makes his third appearance on the podcast to talk about how to stop focusing on the GAP and turn your biggest hurdles into massive gains, and what you can do to stay in the GAIN each and every day.
- Why associating our emotional well-being with targets that are out of reach sets us up to be chronically unhappy.
- Why you don’t need to make millions of dollars to be in the GAIN.
- How to reframe a situation to shift your focus and emphasize the positive.
- Why focusing on the GAIN is not the same thing as dismissing pain or disappointment.
- Why we’re always moving beyond our former selves–and life as a whole takes on whatever meaning you give to it.
- And much more…
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/426
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.Connect with Hal Elrod