Manage episode 297325575 series 1280399
This week Adam is joined by Mitch Wainer, previously CMO at DigitalOcean and a member of the founding team. They talk about his journey as an entrepreneur and marketer, the early days at DigitalOcean, and everything that went into disrupting the cloud with blazing fast SSDs. Back in March (2021), DigitalOcean started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) — this obviously earned Mitch and many others a very large payday. They also talk about the work Mitch is doing now with Welcome and Sponsored.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Get $100 in free credit to get started on Linode – Linode is our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Head to linode.com/changelog OR text CHANGELOG to 474747 to get instant access to that $100 in free credit.
- Snowplow Analytics – The behavioral data management platform powering your data journey. Capture and process high-quality behavioral data from all your platforms and products and deliver that data to your cloud destination of choice. Get started and experience Snowplow data for yourself at snowplowanalytics.com
- GitLab – You are invited to attend GitLab Commit 2021 (it’s free) — GitLab’s upcoming user community event, August 3rd & 4th. Learn more about modern DevOps, and how it transforms companies of all sizes and pushes teams to drive innovation to market. Get ready to Innovate Together during this free event designed to help you commit to better DevOps. Register and learn more at gitlabcommitvirtual2021.com.
- Sendinblue – Take your digital marketing to the next level. Head to sendinblue.com/founderstalk and use the code
FOUNDERSTALKto get one month free with 100,000 emails.
Notes and Links
- This Week in Startups #425: From caller to cofounder: how Mitch Wainer raised $37.2m from Andreessen Horowitz
- DigitalOcean OR do.co/changelog if you want to use a link DigitalOcean no longer pays us to promote
- DigitalOcean becomes a public company
- DigitalOcean IPO
- Welcome Homes (or, just Welcome)