Manage episode 224327456 series 2430210
Mahendra Shah has over 30 years’ experience in emergency relief & rehabilitation to food security and sustainable development, he has worked all over our beautiful planet and is now the owner of Zen Resort in Bali.
Mahendra is someone you want to just sit back and listen to, and why wouldn’t you, when someone has so much wisdom to share. In the 80’s he participated in UN conferences in Geneva and was an integral part in the launch of emergency relief for the African famine. He has met people like Bob Geldof and George H. W. Bush. In the 90’s he prepared the Earth Summit summary report and in 2002 he presented a report on climate change and agricultural vulnerability at the Earth Summit held in Johannesburg.
Our brief chat is loaded with wisdom, Mahendra shares so many insights including;
· How an epiphany on a beach in Bali 35 years ago changed the way he saw sustainability and why it’s important that we all become “sustainable human beings”
· The importance of asking ourselves “Am I living a happy, healthy and joyful life? “
· How a simple morning routine of ‘Zen Chi’ can set you up for an amazing day.
· The five ingredients that make up life’s cocktail.
· The importance of collecting the knowledge of our Grandmothers before it’s too late.
· How mobilising traditional knowledge built over 5000 years can help us ALL experience a healthier existence.
· A beautiful tool to let go of those who have hurt you and bless those who have helped you.
· Advice on how to find more balance in life.
This episode really got me thinking, and I’ll need to listen to it more than once to truly capture Mahindra’s wisdom. It left me curious as to whether the simple banana leaf could hold the key to saving our planet?
Visit Zen Resort http://www.zenresortbali.com/
Contact Zen Resort for a copy of the Zen Chi ritual email@example.com
Host: Georgia Ellis www.bluechipminds.com
Music: www.purpleplanet.com--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/ellis-in-wunderland/message