Episode 70 – A remarkable professional practice
Manage episode 344608767 series 3022183
In this episode we talk with John Fitzgerald of Active Rehabilitation about growing a remarkable professional practice.
Amongst a range of interesting topics, we discuss –
- Specialising in profitable niche areas
- Being nimble enough to handle staff and patient illness throughout COVID
- Recruitment, including how to source, employ and train top level graduates
- Building a first rate culture within the business – this does not happen through accident
John also shares some interesting aspects about inducting new team members, developing written procedures for all aspects of client care and the multi-pronged approach used by his team to ensure timely and effective communication.
As a regular consumer of their services, John has some words of advice for accounting practitioners seeking to work with business clients.
The collaboration software that John mentioned which is used within Active Rehabilitation Therapy is Basecamp, which can be accessed via basecamp.com/.
In the interview John also mentioned two books from which he’s drawn insights and inspiration, details of which appear below –
- The Carrot Principle: How the Best Managers Use Recognition to Engage Their People, Retain Talent, and Accelerate Performance, by Adrian Gostick.
- The Infinite Game: How great businesses achieve long-lasting success, by Simon Sinek.
The book Scott mentions during the Coach’s Corner segment is –
- What really happened in Wuhan: A virus like no other; Countless infections; Millions of deaths, by Sharri Makinson.
The downloadable Threat Analysis worksheet that Scott mentions during the Coach’s Corner segment can be accessed here: slipstreamgroup.com.au/in-the-slipstream-episode-70/.
John Fitzgerald’s contact details are
Phone: 0417 3163 1188
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/company/active-rehabilitation-physiotherapy/
Kirt’s contact details are
Scott’s contact details are
Phone: 0409 870 330
To take an interest in Tim Lane’s music, which is featured on the episode:
Facebook: The Backstick Agenda. (Please go and Like this page.)
To see film clips and to hear Tim’s music: https://thebackstickagenda.bandcamp.com/
(To purchase Tim’s music, you need to register on Bandcamp before you can download.)