Bernie Poore – Retired John Deere Engineer and His 1982 Model 4640 Tractor with 1,857 Hours
Manage episode 331506059 series 2355724
Machinery Pete talks with Bernie Poore, retired John Deere Engineer, about his 1982 John Deere 4640 tractor with only 1,857 hours selling on June 21st Machinery Pete Monthly Online Auction and his 2005 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado dually 4x4 crew cab with only 55,906 miles also selling on the June 21 online auction. Bernie and Pete talk about Poore’s 41-year engineering career with John Deere, which began in 1965 working on 4020 tractors up through the 8000/9000 Series tractors, in addition to tales of working on Deere combines from 45/55/95/105 models up into STS Series + stories on how Deere considered the utility vehicle and precision ag markets long before either developed.
- [:29] - Planting season equipment market update
- [5:32] - Interview with Bernie Poore begins
- [8:30] - Working on the 4640 engine
- [12:47] - About Bernie’s auction items
- [17:42] - Bernie’s start at John Deere
- [29:57] - Working on tractors and taking feedback from dealers and customers
- [38:55] - Deere marketing
- [41:58] - Bernie’s work on combines
- [1:05:48] - Engineering advice
- [1:09:42] - Final words from Machinery Pete
Machinery Pete was founded in 1989 and has grown from its humble beginnings to a full-fledged marketplace for farming equipment. Greg Peterson, founder and host, has also released Machinery Pete content across platforms including YouTube with his long-running Machinery Pete TV show.
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to the Machinery Pete Podcast in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.