North Prairie Butchery in Faulkton, SD – The Dream Becoming Reality
Manage episode 347452948 series 2355724
The story of North Prairie Butchery in Faulkton, SD, the dream project coming into reality of Troy Hadrick, a 5th generation cattle rancher in northeast South Dakota. Hadrick recently received a $2.2M grant from the Meat and Poultry Processing Expansion Program to build a 25/day head beef/pork/bison processing facility in Faulkton, SD to help expand our country’s pinched meat and poultry processing capacity and increase diversity in our nation’s food supply chain. Momentum is building quickly for the needed project.
- [:35] - Machinery Pete’s intro, teeing up today’s interview
- [3:42] - Interview with Troy begins
- [4:23] - Troy’s project overview, expanding on his ranching business
- [12:45] - Project timeline from construction to production
- [17:23] - Faulkton, SD - a forward thinking community
- [20:19] - Creating jobs, retail impact, customer feedback
- [29:30] - Grant award process
- [34:12] - Troy’s insight on the bison market
- [36:06] - Final words from Machinery Pete
Machinery Pete was founded in 1989 and has grown from its humble beginnings to a full-fledged marketplace for farming equipment. Greg Peterson, founder and host, has also released Machinery Pete content across platforms including YouTube with his long-running Machinery Pete TV show.
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to the Machinery Pete Podcast in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.