Manage episode 284995563 series 2876812
Alicia Garza is a civil rights activist and author with a lot of irons in the fire:
- she co-founded Black Lives Matter in 2013
- she works with the National Domestic Workers Alliance
- she co-founded Supermajority in 2019
- she's founded the Black Futures Lab
- her book, How to Turn a Hashtag into a Movement, will be out in 2020
We went deep fast in this conversation! We talked about transforming anger into love; we went deep into the topic of redemption; and Alicia presenced for us the idea that black communities are a part of the antidote to the poison that is spreading throughout this country.
Bryan Stevenson's book, Just Mercy
Dr. King's speech, "Beyond Vietnam"
Read the transcript of this episode or leave a comment here, on the Solving Me Too website
Would you like us to keep making more episodes like this one? Make a contribution here.
Join the Solving #MeToo community: