Manage episode 279763552 series 2775033
On today’s show, I talk with Ben Tossell about the future of no-code, starting his own rolling fund, and the keys to building an online education community. Ben is the founder of Makerpad, a no-code education community. Makerpad started out as a side-project while he was running platform at Earnest Capital, but eventually Ben took the leap of faith to go all-in on the project.
Ben's Rolling Fund
Advent Calendar of No Code
5 Key Takeaways:
1. I'm a maker, I'm not a manager. But now I'm like a manager of a company that has makers in it. And I think there's a good balance, we need that. And I think I've realized a lot of times, I've got to get back into making mode so that I can, like, enjoy the stuff I'm doing. And that's where I'm best.
2. Don't bother with like interviews. It's more about finding someone based on a certain set of criteria. So for me, it was like, find some people who can actually do tutorials who can build stuff and know code and record it. For us it's about doing 2-week trial periods where they are fully involved in the work environment and at the end we talk to one another to see if we are the right fit.
3. One of the key things I took away from my time at Product Hunt was how to engage the community, how to keep people engaged and how to make people feel like they're part of something.
4. I think that no code is not a speck of not like a textbase, like AR or VR or any of those things. I think it's like a fundamental shift in how software development happens. We're just going to see the rise of this passion economy, this creative economy, like, it's never been easier to have your own business and no-code is just going to give people more options, setting up a membership community, having been paid events, and all that sort of stuff.
5. I think I think the biggest opportunity is in b2b space, where I said about sales automations, or marketing automations. There's just so many things that can be automated, and, and done with like, there's just so much there.