Manage episode 290467805 series 2285741
Garry Binder (@garrybinder, Chief Security Architect @Intel) talks about the challenges of public cloud scale, performance and security.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Okta - Safe Identity for customers and workforce
- Try Okta for FREE (Trial in 10 minutes)
- Zesty Homepage - Real Time Cloud Savings
- Free cloud cost-savings evaluation from Zesty
- See how O’Reilly online learning can help your tech teams. Request a free demo now.
- Intel CEO announced IDM 2.0 Strategy
- 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors (Ice Lake) and Intel SGX
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Before we get into today’s discussion, give us a little bit on your background and some of the areas you focus on.
Topic 2 - We’ve done quite a few shows with Intel over the years. This is where we were first introduced to how much work Intel does directly for the largest public cloud providers. Can you give us a sense of how much Intel has evolved to help the cloud providers deliver the scale and performance they do today?
Topic 3 - A few months ago we spoke about Confidential Computing. We all know that security is a challenge best solved with defense-in-depth. Can we talk a little bit about the intersection of embedded security in silicon, and being able to keep up with new performance challenges with the new Ice Lake architecture?
Topic 4 - How do we raise awareness that these native capabilities are available across all the cloud providers - AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, etc., when software features tend to dominate the headlines?
Topic 5 - What do you see as some of the next-generation security challenges that the cloud is well-positioned to (maybe) better handle that we could in data centers?
Topic 6 - Sometimes people see Intel as being one-step removed from the technology companies they directly engage with. What are some of the ways that people can more directly engage in all the programs (developer tools, reference architectures, etc.) that Intel creates?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet