Manage episode 296903650 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- Writing, Updating and Approving Policies - Which Ones Are Statutory? (See Department for Education website) What Is The Cycle or Schedule for Review and Ratification? Who Has Designated Responsibility / Oversight?
- Challenge, Congratulate and Influence Change From The Top-Down: How To Approach and Discuss Policies In Meetings
- How Inclusive Are Your Policies? Example of a 25 Year Old Uniform Policy Finally Brought Into The 21st Century, With Equality, Diversity and Inclusion At The Centre (The Student Voice Was Heard)
- The Purpose, Power and Best Practice of Policies - Do You Read Them? Understand Them? Or Are You Passive With Them?
- The Use Of Policies In Panels, such as the Behaviour Policy for Exclusions
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, Safeguarding Link Governor and Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 2-3 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer