E 13: Colin Kilgour on Earning Yield through Investing in the Marketplace Lending Niche within Private Credit
Manage episode 297273599 series 2899834
Episode 13 Show Notes
Private credit is a game everyone is involved in. In today's episode, we speak to Colin Kilgour of Kilgour Williams Capital. In this episode we talk about the attractiveness of private credit and how fintech lending platforms have changed the game.
Colin is the manager of the firm Kiwi Private Credit Fund, and he shares his knowledge in the private credit market.
- An Introduction of our guest Colin Kilgour.
- Developing your expertise in private credit.
- Definition of private credit and comparing it to publicly traded debt.
- Colin’s role in the process.
- Competitors in the marketplace.
- The investment case for private credit.
- Why aren't banks competing?
- Who are the industries that tend to be the borrowers with the loans?
- The effects of COVID in the marketplace.
- Diversification in private credit.
- More important trends to watch for.
- The warning signs that your portfolio could be affected.