Manage episode 297992870 series 2817095
The first in our new 'Betting Clever' series, which will be discussing topics of interest from a winning bettor perspective with a variety of informed guests.
In this episode, SBC Editor, Pete is joined by fellow winning bettor and blogger, Rowan Day where they debate the following:
- The lack of bookmaker fund security and the wider issues surrounding regulation of bookmakers and the precautions you need to take as a bettor.
- Why so many bettors have been caught out in the past by the collapse of companies like MoPlay and Football Index and some of the ensuing issues they caused
- How you can educate yourself on the different levels of 'fund security' offered by each firm by visiting this link: https://ukhbf.org/betting-charter/hbf-register-of-protection-of-funds/
- Our own real life experiences and issues withdrawing winnings in the past and why bookmakers make life difficult - plus our thoughts on 'best practice' to counteract this
- Our thoughts on the affordability checks put forward as part of the ongoing review of the gambling act in the UK and what it all means
- The need for a proper regulator with teeth and a gambling ombudsman that protects punters - not bookies!
- On the tipster front - Rowan and I also discuss the two profitable football tipsters recently reviewed in SBC Issue 123 and how both these experts have a considerable edge over the likes of Pinnacle and at closing line
- The pros and cons of each service and where their edges lie - both in Spain and across Europe in general
- A look at how and when to increase stakes and the power of progressive reinvestment as a simple tool to make your money (and winnings) go further
- Learn more on the Smart Betting Club and how we help winning bettors at https://smartbettingclub.com/
- Podcast feedback - contact SBC on twitter @sbcinfo
- Read more about each SBC Podcast episode: https://smartbettingclub.com/the-smart-betting-club-podcast/