Ep. 104 Misty Copeland Conversation
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 01, 2022 16:55 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 264060550 series 1537446
Misty Copeland is a New York Times bestselling author, spokesmodel, and ballerina who became the first ever African-American female principal dancer for the prestigious American Ballet Theater.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- What Misty’s childhood passions were and what it felt like to be in a ballet studio for the first time.
- How Misty overcame barriers and relied on her support system to become a professional dancer.
- How Misty found the courage to be a trailblazer and role model for other dancers of color.
- Why Misty is so committed to philanthropy and supporting the arts.
- What Misty’s favorite role to play is and which one is the most challenging.
- How Misty ended up dancing point on Prince’s piano in Madison Square Garden.