Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 01, 2022 16:55 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 235388179 series 1537446
Cal Ripken, known as the “Iron Man”, is an American icon and World Series champion who played 21 seasons in Major League Baseball for the Baltimore Orioles. He is a 19-time All-Star, 8-time Silver Slugger, 2-time Golden Glove winner, 2-time American League MVP who had 3,184 hits, 421 home runs, and holds the record for the most consecutive games played with 2,632 – breaking Lou Gehrig's streak that stood for 56 years. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2007 and is considered one of the best shortstops and third baseman in baseball history. He is a baseball analyst, best-selling author, speaker, president of Ripken Baseball, and co-founder of the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation. He has been active in charity work throughout his career and has impacted the lives of millions of kids through the game of baseball.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- About the greatest lessons Cal learned from his father, Cal Ripken Sr.
- About Cal’s favorite moments of his career both professionally and personally.
- About the story of a young girl that had her life turned around through Cal Ripken Baseball.
- Why Cal believes playing fair is much more than just following the rules.
- About Cal’s favorite part of game days and his favorite fields to play in.