Intellectual Property: Inventors, Entrepreneurs, Creators - Lecture 13 The Patent Infringement Trial
Manage episode 298538710 series 2958458
Intellectual Property: Inventors, Entrepreneurs, Creators
At the end of this lecture, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of jury selection and opposing arguments.
- Grasp why patent trials are often called “morality plays.”
- Grasp the significance of equitable proceedings in the post-trial phase.
- Appreciate the ways in which findings of “inequitable conduct,” “willfulness,” and/or “exceptional case” can alter trial results.
- Understand what happens after a jury verdict is entered.
- Appreciate the chances of success of appeals based on fact versus legal issue.
Powered by Firstory Hosting