Manage episode 291346582 series 2868226
Welcome back to another episode of the Barnstormer Sports Podcast! We have a great lineup of topics for you tonight! We are talking Kentucky Derby, we’re talking a little MLB, and we also invite on a very special guest, all the way from Pasadena, Jeff Chappy Chapman! Jeff is the VIP host for Santa Anita Racetrack, he knows a lot about horse racing, and is also one of the hosts for Angel Radio out in LA at 8:30 every Saturday morning. We kick tonight off with some memories of the Kentucky Derby from a time when we drove U-Haul trucks for Levee Restaurants. Then it's time for a round of highlights from the world of Major League Baseball. We talk about the huge performance between the Dodgers and the Padres, lament the slow deterioration of the Cubs, and also give kudos to some amazing players like Mike Trout, Anthony Rizzo, and Jacob DeGrom. At about that time, Chappy joins us on the line. He can’t fault the Dodgers either even though they want to but when the conversation turns to the White Sox he just can't take it anymore and we move onto the Derby. Chappy weighs in on the three West Coast horses that are showing the most promise, Medina Spirit, Hot Rod Charlie, and Rock Your World, and we hear his praise for the quality of Bob Baffert and John Sadler’s training too. Before he leaves he gives us some long-shot picks and once he is off the line the rest of us do too, but compared to his insights, our guesses might as well be based on the color of the horses!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Memories of driving U-Haul trucks working for Levee Restaurants during the Kentucky Derby.
- Talking Major League Baseball highlights and the performance of the different teams and players.
- Jeff Chapman joins the chat and highlights Rizzo striking out Frederick.
- The issue of how badly the Cubs are struggling and regressing.
- Jeff’s perspective that the Dodgers have it made even though he hates them.
- Whether the Giants have any chance considering the teams they are up against.
- Thoughts on who is coming out of the American League.
- Moving onto the Derby with all this talk of the Dodgers and White Sox.
- Jeff gives a rundown of the three West coasters, Medina, Hot Rod, and Rock Your World.
- Chappy gives us three long shots picks before he leaves!
- More long shot picks by our hosts on Midnight Bourbon, Bezos, Known Agenda, and more.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: