Manage episode 377744327 series 3318305
With the NBA Preseason set to start in less than two weeks, the HPP crew previews all 15 teams in the Eastern Conference. The show also features the regular NBA and College Notebook segments, and Saint Joseph guard Erik Reynolds II, an Atlantic 10 Player of the Year candidate, talks with the guys about his game, the upcoming season, and Philly basketball traditions.
An All-A10 selection in 2022-23, Erik was one of the most efficient scorers in the nation, ranking at the 88th percentile for points per possession. He ranked second in the A-10 with 19.6 points per game, and he ranked in the top 10 of the conference for FG% (43.0), 3P% (37.9), and FT% (88.5). He also ranked in the top six of the A-10 for player efficiency rating (21.4), win shares (4.7), and plus-minus (5.0).
Per usual, the episode is separated into chapters so you can easily jump to the segments that most interest you.
1. College Hoops Notebook (2:21)
- Kansas suspends guard Arterio Morris.
- VCU guard Joe Bamisile is denied waivers by the NCAA and must sit out this season.
- Xavier is likely to lose forwards Zach Freemantle and Jerome Hunter for the season due to injury, but the frontcourt will be bolstered by two promising international recruits that the team recently added.
2. Erik Reynolds II Interview (13:54)
3. NBA Notebook (43:59)
- FIBA Worldcup Wrap-up — what’s wrong with Team USA?
- The Rockets want to trade Kevin Porter following his recent arrest.
- Sixers sign Kelly Oubre.
- The Pacers put Buddy Hield on the trading block.
- Celtics and Warriors try to address their big-man issues.
- Dwight Howard is looking to return to the NBA.
- NBA’s new Player Participation Policy — good idea, bad idea, or wrong approach?
4. Atlantic Division Preview (1:35:40)
- Boston Celtics
- Philadelphia Sixers
- New York Knicks
- Brooklyn Nets
- Toronto Raptors
5. Central Division Preview (2:08:58)
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Chicago Bulls
- Indiana Pacers
- Detroit Pistons
6. Southeast Division Preview (2:38:26)
- Miami Heat
- Atlanta Hawks
- Washington Wizards
- Orlando Magic
- Charlotte Hornets