Fix Now, Pay Later: Mortgage Programs for Fixer-Uppers | Roof Rejuvenation Adds Years to Your Roof | Concrete Revival: How to Restore Concrete Surfaces | Ep #2310
Manage episode 363629753 series 2315936
- Paying for Home Repairs: Want to buy a fixer-upper and still have funds for making repairs? New mortgage programs offer assistance.
- Extending Roof Life: Old, dried-out roof shingles can be rejuvenated with a treatment that adds years to the life of your life.
- Concrete Restoration: If you’ve got cracks, holes, or worn areas in concrete surfaces, there’s a way to fix the flaws and smooth things out.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions.
- Hot Water Delay: Tired of waiting for the water to get hot? Loretta can either install a tankless water heater or a less expensive hot water recirculating system.
- Uneven Concrete: Part of the concrete porch slab is rising up. We give Charlie tips on preparing a new base to keep things level or creating a tapered ramp.
- HVAC System: There’s a big difference in the upstairs and downstairs temperatures in Amber’s home. Ceiling fans, a split ductless system, or additional ducting and vents can help.
- Dryer Vents: Should a broken dryer vent be repaired or replaced? We think Jim should replace the dryer vent and part of the duct that goes through his wall.
- Water Pressure: Krista has very low water pressure. She needs to test the pressure at different points to find any restrictions and see if it’s the well system.
- Foundation: After doing an addition, Larry’s house is starting to sink and the floor is bowing. He must get a structural engineer to evaluate what to do.
- Quartz Countertops: Why are there dull spots on the quartz countertops? Carolyn should be polishing the quartz surface regularly.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices