Manage episode 292683774 series 1401633
What does the Bible really say about the origins of the universe? The biblical authors had a completely different framework for this question than we do. When we expect the Bible to settle our debates, we close ourselves off from understanding the text as they intended it. In this episode, join Tim and Jon as they kick off a new series on Genesis 1-3, beginning with a look at ancient cosmologies.
- Part one (0:00-8:15)
- Part two (8:15-12:30)
- Part three (12:30-20:00)
- Part four (20:00-27:00)
- Part five (27:00-end)
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- John H. Walton, Ancient Near Eastern Thought and the Old Testament
- William Brown, The Seven Pillars of Creation: The Bible, Science, and the Ecology of Wonder
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- Lofi Birds
- “Imagination” by Montell Fish
- “All Night” by Unwritten Stories
Show produced by Dan Gummel, Zack McKinley, and Cooper Peltz. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.