Manage episode 272905379 series 52378
This is my fifth interview with molecular biologist and neuroscientist Dr. Seth Grant from The University of Edinburgh. Dr. Grant was recently recognized for his pioneering work by the Federation of European Neuroscientists. He continues to make fundamental discoveries about the structure and function of the synapse and this month we discuss the discovery that synapse complexity and diversity is greater than expected, along with the implications of these discoveries.
Links and References:
- Seth Grant: University of Edinburgh
- FENS EJN Award 2020
- Cizeron M, Qiu Z, Koniaris B, et al. A brainwide atlas of synapses across the mouse life span. Science. 2020;369(6501):270-275. doi:10.1126/science.aba3163
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additonal references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Coming November 17, 2020: Webinar: "Embracing Uncertainty: How to Thrive in Uncertain Times." Listen to closing announcements to learn more.
- Coming soon! episode compilations based on topic or guest. Look for all Seth Grant's interview next month.
- Brain Science comes out on 4th Friday each month.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Send email to email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis