Manage episode 347630377 series 2843995
Customer onboarding is critical to the success of a business not just in activation, but in the long-term retention of those users.
Typically, we think of the example of when we sign up a new customer and then onboard them on our product or service.
But onboarding is more than that. You’ll need to re-onboard a once-every-few-months user every time they log on. And you’ll need to successfully onboard a customer every time you release a new product feature.
“If you don't,” says Pulkit Agrawal, cofounder and CEO of Chameleon, “that feature won't get adoption activation, retention, and won’t be part of the reason why customers stick around.”
Chameleon helps companies build better onboarding experiences. Agrawal was this week’s guest on the Human Insights Podcast, joining co-hosts Andy MacMillan and Janelle Estes.
“User onboarding, while it's typically considered at the start of the product journey, really applies across the product lifecycle as you build functionality,” Agrawal said. “And in the world of product-led today, where really the companies that have the best products and the most usage in engagement are the ones that win, it's really vital that companies have a method, a process, a system and tooling to continue to onboard users onto features and continue to drive engagement adoption.”
Listen to the episode and learn more about:
- Why companies should focus on the why and not just the how with onboarding
- The importance of onboarding, especially in a usage-based pricing model
- How a friction log can help improve your customers’ onboarding experiences
- Pulkit Agrawal on LinkedIn
- Chameleon funding round
- Gerrard: My Autobiography by Steven Gerrard
- Nudge: The Final Edition by Richard H. Thaler
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition by Richard Bach
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter
Have an episode suggestion or guest recommendation? Share on social with the tag #HumanInsights