Manage episode 374810149 series 2961690
W: Yes? Mr. Smith. You wanted to see me?
M: Yes, Jane. I have noticed that you were 5 times late in the past two weeks. And you were also late this morning.
W: I apologize for being late. I was caught in the traffics. It’s a long way to go from my house.
M: I’ve had enough of your excuses!
W: Mr. Smith, I promise this will not happen again. I promise.
M: You’d better keep your promise, because I’ll be keeping an eye on you!
👉🏻WORDS & PHRASES
1. notice [‘notɪs] (v.) 注意
2. late [let] (adj.) 遲到
3. past [pæst] (adj.) 過去的
4. apologize [ə’pɑlə͵dʒaɪ] (v.) 道歉
5. traffic [‘træfɪk] (n.) 塞車
6. excuse [ɪk’skjuz] (n.) 藉口
- I apologize for ...
- 《Note》 I apologize for being late. （我為我遲到的行為賠不是。）
- I apologize for breaking your heart.
- I apologize for making you cry.
B: It’s ok. I know you didn’t do it on purpose.
💯《Answer Key》: I apologize for breaking your mug
Powered by Firstory Hosting