Manage episode 365788565 series 2961690
M: The bank is closing within an hour; do you think you can make it in time?
W: My client is supposed to be here 15 minutes ago though. Anyway, I think she will show up soon.
M: I learned from another colleague that your big client is from Canada. Is that so?
W: Yeah, she is from Quebec. It’s a French culture there. Different from other Canadian provinces.
M: Oh…then you might have to wait a little longer, because I heard that French people are not as punctual as they are supposed to be. They are more relaxed with their lives.
👉🏻WORDS & PHRASES
1. bank [bæŋk] (n.) 銀行
2. within [wɪ’ðɪn] (prep.) 不超過
3. be supposed to [sə’poz] (phr.) 應該
4. colleague [ˋkɑlig] (n.) 同事
5. Canada [ˋkænədə] (n.) 加拿大
6. Quebec [kwɪ’bɛk] (n.) 魁北克
7. Canadian [kə’nedɪən] (adj.) 加拿大的
- I learned from another colleague that ...
- 《Note》 Learn 其實意思是學習，但在這邊可以解讀為聽說或得知某見消息或事物，也可以將 learn 改 成 heard 都是相當接近的用詞。
- I learned from another collegue that you just got promoted.
- I learned from another collegue that you are going to go on a business trip.
B: Yeah, I am.
💯《Answer Key》 I learned from another colleague that you are going to go on a business trip
Powered by Firstory Hosting