Manage episode 306808925 series 1401626
This week, we share our strategies and motivations for teaching design at work. In The Sidebar, we talk about the shape of software, how we visualize the tools we build, and what it means for software to feel like something physical.
Golden Ratio Supporters:
Play is the first native iOS design tool made for teams creating mobile products. Design, prototype, and collaborate, directly from your phone. With Play you can experience your design as you create it while taking full advantage of native iOS features not found in other design and prototyping tools. Full access invites available for the first 25 people here.
Plume empowers a billion smart devices in homes and small businesses through a suite of adaptive WiFi, AI security, and parental control. They're hiring product designers to build the future of smart home services. They're hiring product designers with 2-5 years of experience shipping products — learn more at designdetails.fm/plume. Oh, and they just raised a $270m series E, so now's the time!
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Adir SL
- Torye Cooke
- Ben Pickering recommended Sci-Fi Interfaces.
- Steffen Kotschi recommended Make It So, Interaction Design Lessons from Science Fiction.
- Connelly Rader reminded us of the original Xbox UI 🔥
This week, we share our strategies and motivations for teaching design at work.
- Brian shared the At Ease Hoodie from Lululemon. It’s so comfortable, strong recommend.
- Marshall shared the Hue Sync Box and Smart Lightstrips to create a really immersive movie-watching experience.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes.