Manage episode 280010255 series 2808040
Joe Horton founded Guild of Dads after losing his own father in 2015. This huge loss launched him on a journey of self-discovery, during which he was able to shape a vision for himself and begin to create a more meaningful life.
Joe’s Guild of Dads podcast and growing social movement now help many other dads to reflect on their own lives and pinpoint the ways they can take action to find meaning. Joe’s “Vision + Action = Meaning” equation is helping many men take back control and find the fulfilment they need.
In this episode, Andrew and Joe discuss the ways in which lack of meaning is having a catastrophic effect on many dads’ lives. They talk through the main obstacles and “saboteurs” that prevent dads from making essential changes.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50. https://www.patreon.com/andrewgmarshall
- Listen to Joe’s Guild of Dads podcast here: https://bit.ly/GODpodcast
- Get a free copy of Joe’s ebook The V.A.M. Blueprint: https://bit.ly/VAMebook
- Drop an email to Joe at email@example.com if you’re interested in joining his new support group for dads.
- Get Andrew’s advice on creating real change in your life and relationships in his book Wake Up and Change Your Life: How to Survive a Crisis and Be Stronger, Wiser and Happier https://bit.ly/wakeupandchange
- Read Andrew’s thoughts on what to do if you or your partner feel like you’re in the throes of what society would call a midlife crisis: https://bit.ly/midlifecrisisblog
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: