Manage episode 365024979 series 3352373
Jennifer talks us through the therapeutic use of ketamine in her practice:
- The history of ketamine as an anaesthetic, and at very low doses its off-label uses for treatment-resistant depression, anxiety, eating disorders and OCD.
- The potential for heart opened, expanded states through the use of psychedelics, including ketamine
- How her experiences treating both community and individuals suffering with PTSD led her to CRM as a uniquely effective mind-body modality
- The potential ability of ketamine-assisted therapy to expedite the healing in profound ways
- The requirement for trust, attunement and safety, including neurobiological safety developed through the CRM work.
- How ketamine assists openness and the dropping away of social defences, and protector parts, allowing self observation and deep shifts
- The necessity for therapeutic integration and consolidation of the new realisations and connections from the expanded state back into everyday life
ABOUT JENNIFER PHELPS, MD, MS.
Jenny is a physician Board Certified in both Family Practice and Integrative Medicine. Her 30 year career has spanned a variety of practice settings including primary care, functional medicine and integrative medicine. She is certified in Psychedelic Assisted Therapy and Research, Mind Body Medicine, Comprehensive Resource Model, Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy and has worked with both individuals and circle groups from populations traumatized by natural disasters, school shootings and war. Jenny holds a unique perspective and understanding of the tremendous value of connecting and healing in community.
Her current work combining psychedelic medicines and mind body medicine in circle groups creates a path for healing on a wider scale.
Connect with her on LinkedIn >