Manage episode 353025514 series 1028900
Here are the highlights you’ll find in this podcast episode:
- My latest assignment at Classic Aviation – Installing the freshly overhauled engine in a Cessna 172 that is almost complete after an extensive rebuild process.
- Some emails I’ve received from listeners with fun feedback of multiple types.
- Some listener thoughts about home simulator systems.
- Some resources I’ve found helpful in sharpening up ATC communication skills.
Here are some of those fantastic resources:
- Live ATC: Choose an ATC facility somewhere in the country, and listen in! LiveATC.net
- Jeff Kanarish and ATCCommunication.com
- Radar Contact Podcast by Jeff Kanarish.
- Pilot Workshops resources at PilotWorkshops.com
- Opposing Bases Podcast – 2 guys who are both air traffic controllers AND pilots, and they laugh a lot! This is a great resource to hear about real world situations between ATC and pilots, and how to deal with weird or out of the ordinary situations. OpposingBases.com
A big thank you to all the listeners who have sent information and thoughts about home simulators! This is a great way to practice instrument approaches without burning any gas