Manage episode 363463440 series 1943189
Tune in to Energy in 30 hosted by Joan Collins and David Meisegeier. On our fourteenth episode, “The future of controlled environment agriculture,” hear from Derek Smith at the Resource Innovation Institute (RII), Jennifer Amann at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), and ICF’s Director of Energy Efficiency Cody Allen. Together, they discuss the growth of efficiency in controlled environment agriculture (CEA).
Topics in today’s episode include:
- How CEA can provide food security on a climate-constrained planet.
- Understanding the relationship between CEA and cannabis.
- The size and energy intensity of CEA facilities.
- The future of CEA and opportunities for new technology to emerge.
- Dealing with industry resistance and protecting intellectual property.