Manage episode 360982747 series 2967887
Listening. It is one of the chief skills parents need with children. From paying attention to children to listening to teachers and doctors, much of being a parent consists of listening. Yet most parents only listen to about 3% of what is said. This means we often don’t hear important information relayed to us. Why is this? Why is listening so important to parenting? How can you improve your listening skills?
Here today to discuss all of these topics and more is Christine Miles - author of the award winning and critically acclaimed book, What Is It Costing You Not To Listen?. Miles is known as ‘the listening guru’ and will discuss how critical that listening is to be a parent and shares tips on how to improve your listening skills.
Links Discussed in This Episode
- Order a Copy of Minimalist Moms: Living and Parenting with Simplicity
- Diane's Resource: Simplify Magazine (March 2023 Issue: Possessions) - Gain lifetime access for $7.50 here!
- Beneficial Resource: Book: The Tao of Coaching by Max Landsberg
- Connect with Christine:
- Get Christine’s Book: equipt-people.com/get-the-book
- Christine’s Website: equipt-people.com
- Christine’s Instagram
Show Notes for EP272: What Is It Costing You NOT to Listen?
Enjoy this Podcast?
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into this podcast, then do not hesitate to write a review. You can also share this with your fellow mothers so that they can be inspired to think more and do with less.
Checkout the Minimalist Moms Podcast storefront for recommendations from Diane.
If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Minimalist Moms Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Episode Sponsors |
The Minimalist Moms Podcast would not be possible without the support of weekly sponsors. Choosing brands that I believe in is important to me. I only want to recommend brands that I believe may help you in your daily life. As always, never feel pressured into buying anything. Remember: if you don't need it, it's not a good deal!
- GreenChef | Go to GreenChef.com/minimalist60 and use code minimalist60 to get 60% off plus free shipping. The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well.
- North American Herb and Spice | Use code: MinimalistMoms for 25% off and Try North American Herb and Spice today. Experience the power of nature's most potent healers!
- Alo Moves | For a limited time, Alo Moves is offering my listeners, a free 30-day trial PLUS – get this - 50% off an annual membership. But you can only get it by going to ALOMOVES.COM and use code MINIMALIST in all caps.
- EarlyBird CBD | Use code MMP for 20% off your first order at checkout.
* Check out Armoire and use my code MINIMALIST for a great deal: http://www.armoire.style
* Check out Thrive Market: https://thrivemarket.com/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/minimalist-moms-podcast2093/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy