Manage episode 364062221 series 2967887
Joining me today is a guest who truly embodies the spirit of being an animal adventurer, Susie Spikol. Susie is a naturalist, educator, and author of the captivating book, "The Animal Adventurer's Guide."
If you're an animal lover who enjoys following animal tracks and chasing fireflies, then this episode is for you. Susie will discuss the importance of connecting kids to nature in the digital age, her love for animals with "bad reputations," and share tips for nighttime animal observation using a flashlight.
With over 30 years of experience as a naturalist and educator, Susie knows the activities that kids and families love. This episode is all about practicality. With Susie's invaluable reminders, we can rediscover the enchantment of the world right outside our doorstep.
“If we want children to flourish, to become truly empowered, let us allow them to love the earth before we ask them to save it.” -David Sobel
Links Discussed in This Episode
- Order a Copy of Minimalist Moms: Living and Parenting with Simplicity
- Minimalist Resource: GoGrowKids (The Push Driver)
- Beneficial Resource: All things David Sobel
- Book: Childhood and Nature: Design Principles for Educators by David Sobel
- Book: Wild Play by David Sobel
- Book: Beyond Ecophobia: Reclaiming the Heart in Nature Education by David Sobel
- Can't Stop Talking About: Gnomes!
- Book: Gnomes by Wil Huygen
- Connect with Susie:
- Book: The Animal Adventurer's Guide by Susie Spikol
Enjoy this Podcast?
Learning how you can get rid of clutter and live an intentional and purposeful life has never been this simple. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Minimalist Moms Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into this podcast, then do not hesitate to write a review. You can also share this with your fellow mothers so that they can be inspired to think more and do with less.
Episode Sponsors |
The Minimalist Moms Podcast would not be possible without the support of weekly sponsors. Choosing brands that I believe in is important to me. I only want to recommend brands that I believe may help you in your daily life. As always, never feel pressured into buying anything. Remember: if you don't need it, it's not a good deal!
- Liquid IV | Grab your Liquid I.V. in bulk nationwide at Costco or you can get 20% off when you go to LiquidIV.com and use code MINIMALIST at checkout.
- Earth Breeze | Right now, my listeners can subscribe to Earth Breeze and save 40%! Go to EARTH BREEZE.com/minimalist to get started.
- HelloFresh | Go to Hellofresh.com/minimalist16 and use code MINIMALIST16 for 16 free meals plus free shipping!
* Check out Armoire and use my code MINIMALIST for a great deal: http://www.armoire.style
* Check out Thrive Market: https://thrivemarket.com/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/minimalist-moms-podcast2093/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy