Manage episode 292438094 series 1319961
At age 61, Elissa Goodman is a glowing reminder of our healing opportunities.
Diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma at age 32, Elissa later discovered that she also had Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, and Celiac disease.
Then, 11 years after her cancer diagnosis, her husband Marc was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. After battling cancer for 18 months, Marc passed away at age 45.
As a single mom of two young daughters, Elissa quit her job at Vogue and became a Certified Holistic Nutritionist as she navigated her healing path.
Author of the bestselling book Cancer Hacks: A Holistic Guide to Overcoming your Fears and Healing Cancer, Elissa has remained free of cancer, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s and Celiac Disease. She says she also feels better than ever, and she looks AMAZINGLY healthy and vibrant!
Elissa is often asked to contribute to outlets such as Huffington Post, abc7, NBC LA, E! News, Well & Good, Mind Body Green, and more. Elissa is currently working on her second book, which you’ll hear more about in our podcast.
Examples of topics covered:
- Elissa's healing experience from cancer, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, and Celiac Disease
- Dehydration epidemic
- High fiber diet
- Examples of healthy diets
- Smoothies versus cold-pressed juices, celery juice
- Detoxifying foods
- Infrared sauna, dry brushing, yoga, breathwork
- Emotional healing
- Aging well
Ten lightning round questions that Elissa answers.
What do you wish more people knew about:
- Western medicine
- Eastern medicine
- Our environment
- Resiliency / Healing
Elissa's top practical nontoxic tips.
- Buy organic produce and animal products.
- Nontoxic cleaning.
- Drink filtered water.
- Be mindful of EMFs.
Learn more about Elissa Goodman:
- Cancer Hacks: A Holistic Guide to Overcoming your Fears and Healing Cancer
- The S.O.U.P. Cleanse
- Shipped Super Seed Bars
- 7 Day Reset
- Elissa’s Autoimmune Hacks
- Elissa’s Cleansing Lifestyle Tips
- Reserve a 1:1 consultation with Elissa
Support for your Practical Nontoxic Living:
- D-Tox Academy, an online library to support your detox of chemicals, heavy metals, and EMFs from your home, diet, self-care, and technology.
- A to Z of D-Toxing: The Ultimate Guide to Reducing Our Toxic Exposures
- Home Detox Workbook: Checklists to Eliminate Toxic Chemicals
- EMF Detox Workbook: Checklists to Recover from Electromagnetic Exposure
- For a customized detox deep dive with Sophia, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free email newsletter: Text "DETOX" to 66866.
Special thanks to podcast producer Chris Robertson.
Important note: Nothing in this podcast should be interpreted as medical advice. This podcast shares the experience of the individuals and their opinions are their own.